A bunch of new physics and infrastructure added to the code:
- Remove the
sourcetermfiles. Feedback will be handled differently.
- Recycled the runtime flag
-Ffor star formation.
- When rebuilding, we allocate extra space at the end of the array of each top-level cell for spare particles to be used in on-the-fly creation.
- These particles do not enter any calculation.
- When we want to create a star, we shift all the
spartby one slot in order to eat up one of these spares. We update the pointers and counters in that cell hierarchy accordingly.
- That creates a free slot at the start of the cell's array. This is the new particle.
- Added functions to convert a
This should not break anything as we do not use the
-F flag by default for now. I can run the EAGLE examples smoothly with the new flag. These tests will become more meaningful when the star formation law is more physically motivated.
The MPI-version will follow soon.