Tags give the ability to mark specific points in history as being important
- Added adaptive multipole acceptance criterion for gravity alongside the fixed opening angle,
- Rewritten the time integration of the large-scale periodic forces coming from the PM calculation to reach the expected level of accuracy in the large-scale matter power-spectrum in precision cosmology runs,
- Added an implementation of the Phantom SPH scheme (hydro only),
- Made the SPHENIX SPH scheme the default hydro model,
- Added a cooling subgrid model using the Ploeckinger+2020 tables,
- Added a Quick-Lyman-alpha mode for cosmological simulations,
- Added the option to not compute the gravitational potentials,
- Added the option to store sub-halo orphan particles computed by VELOCIraptor,
- Added a mode to store snapshots in multiple sub-files when running over MPI,
- Added the option to select the fields to write or not in the snapshots at runtime,
- Added the option to apply lossy compression filters to select fields in the hdf5 outputs,
- Extended the meta-data in the snapshots including all relevant runtime parameters and particle locations in the files for quick access,
- Fixed an old bug with the long-range gravity calculation in non-periodic non-cosmological mode that lead to a segfault in large planetary calculations,
- Expanded the EAGLE and GEAR subgrid models,
- Added the ANEOS equations of state for planetary calculations,
- Reduced the memory footprint over MPI,
- Large number of small fixes and speed improvements
- Added dithering of the gravity mesh at every rebuild,
- Fully implemented the time-step limiter and synchronization following feedback events,
- Updated the EAGLE examples to the newly adopted baseline model,
v0.8.4 Updating version number before breaking the i/o interface.Release v0.8.4
- SWIFT does not compile with FOF switched on by default any more to save memory.
- The EAGLE BH model now includes merging and swallowing of gas.
- The anarchy hydro models now features improvements for the diffusion.
- SWIFT comes with a better random number generator that allows probability of <10^9 to be sampled correctly.
v0.8.3 Bumped the version number following the addition of the FOF and black holes seeding.Release v0.8.3
- SWIFT now contains a Friends-Of-Friends halo identification code.
- SWIFT-FOF can be run as a stand-alone executable to post-process snapshots.
- SWIFT can run FOF on-the-fly to seed black hole particles following the EAGLE model.
- The 'Default' hydro scheme has been modified to be closer to the PHANTOM code. The code still compiles with Gadget2-SPH as a default scheme.
- Meta-data about the units of the fields written to snapshots have been added as HDF5 attributes.
- SWIFT can run EAGLE boxes and match the original EAGLE-noAGN model closely.
v0.8.2 New tag release following the addition of star-formation and feedback jointly over MPI, black hole accretion and feedback (also over MPI), refactoring of the hydro parameters, improvement to the memory footprint and completion of first fully-fledged EAGLE runs.Release v0.8.2
- SWIFT can run star-formation, feedback and black holes jointly over MPI.
- SWIFT implements the EAGLE stellar feedback and enrichment.
- SWIFT implements the EAGLE black hole accretion and feedback.
- Update the entropy floor to also apply it when drifting the particles.
- SWIFT implements GEAR cooling in cosmological context.
- SWIFT implements a new hydro scheme: Anarchy-DU.
- Major refactoring of the hydro schemes to have independent parameters and constants.
- SWIFT implements a memory logger to trace the allocations.
- Snapshots contain a run label.
v0.8.1 New tagged release after the addition of all the feedback-related infrastructure.Release v0.8.1
- SWIFT can run feedback over MPI.
- SWIFT has been tested on cosmological hydro runs up to 2x4600^3 particles.
- SWIFT implements the EAGLE cooling, entropy floor and star formation laws.
- SWIFT implements GEAR cooling in cosmological context.
- Improvements to the scalability of planetary simulations.
- Snapshots contain information about the location of particles for quick access.
- The examples have been reorganised in clearer categories.
- The estimation of the number of tasks and links needed has been vastly improved. No excess memory needed here.
v0.8.0 Updated the version number following all the speed updates to the gravity code.Release v0.8.0
- SWIFT can run large n-body cosmological simulations.
- SWIFT has a working interface to VELOCIraptor.
- Cosmological time-integration is correct for the SPH schemes.
- SWIFT can run the Santa Barbara cluster example.
- Particles of all kind can be removed on-the-fly.
- Star particles can find their neighbours (non-MPI).
- SWIFT supports an equation of state and hydrodynamics scheme for planetary science.
- SWIFT compiles in C++.
v0.7.0 Cosmology + restart files + initial subgrid modelsRelease v0.7.0
- SWIFT can run with cosmological time integration.
- SWIFT is now stable for very long runs.
- Check-pointing mechanism is in place.
- Much better use of METIS for domain decomposition.
- All the core hydro routines are fully vectorized in the Gadget2-SPH case.
- Faster operations in MPI-land by using a list of local top-level cells only for most operations.
- Some early implementation of cooling (grackle, EAGLE) and chemistry (gear, EAGLE) are available.
- Additional hydro tests have been added.
- Parallel-io is now very efficient (reaching peak disk speed) on Lustre (cosma-6).
- Hydrodynamics code is now complete.
- Gravity code is feature complete but still requires work to harvest performance and scalability.
- SWIFT can run large volumes over MPI and the memory footprint has decreased.
- Vectorization of the density tasks is complete.
- GIZMO scheme runs for hydro problems and simple hydro+gravity cases.
v0.5.0 Hydro code is now fully correct over MPI using multiple time-steps. Star particles can be used.
v0.4.0 Implementation of Gizmo-SPH included into the master branch
v0.3.0 First implementation of external gravity accepted.
v0.2.0 Incremented as in new multi timestep epoch
v0.1.0-pre Tag last commit before multi time stepping