For now, compile with
CFLAGS=-DONLY_SUBTASKS added to the configuration line.
This introduces significantly faster neighbour finding in particle distributions with strong density gradients. For instance planetary applications or problematic feedback-disturbed galaxies.
- Add the brute-force density checks to the planetary scheme (not just sphenix)
- Rewrite the recursion logic in the hydro and stars sub-task:
- The interaction functions have extra parameters to optionally consider particles only between 0.5 * width and width
- The subtask recursion now continues to lower level if we reach a level where h is too large. From that level on, we will just use the feature of only considering particles in the appropriate range of h.
- When recursing, only the h_max of active particles is considered, not all particles.
- We will consider c7adb289 separately.
- In a second phase, I'll remove entirely the self + pair tasks and keep only the subs.
Verify RT isn't broken
Verify MPI runs are happy.
Port changes to the other hydro schemes.
Handle particles drifting out of their cells.
Fixes #688 (closed).