This MR adds the density correction for the Wendland-CX kernels in 3D, as specified in Dehnen & Aly Equation 19. It required:
- Adding new variables for every kernel in
- Adding a new parameter file parameter
- Changing the function signature of
hydro_end_densityto include a new parameter (a single float passed by value)
- Updating the relevant sections of the tests and
- Adding the relevant documentation.
It seems to make very little difference to the dynamics; here's the SodShock_3D with and without:
but I see no reason not to use it in those cases. Either way, I've set it to default to 'off'. I am currently running more tests to see where (if ever) it makes a difference.